Thursday 13 April 2017

Otter Halves

This image was especially created for my best friend, my hubby, he loves otters and as they can mate for life it's very appropriate for our anniversary.

Did you know some of them even sleep holding hands!

I wanted to make a CAS card to showcase the image.  So all I've used is some card stock to create a frame for the image.

I've coloured the image with just polychromos pencils.  I wanted to get the effect of some fur with very fine lines which polychromos are excellent at doing.

The edge of the card has been distressed with Black Soot ink from Tim Holtz.  the sentiment was produced at the time of printing.

To finish off the anniversary theme I just added two tiny wooden hearts.

Happy anniversary hubby, I have no idea where the last four years went!

Andrea xx

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Oddball Art - You're my Best Friend
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Challenge 1
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Crafting When We Can - Animals
The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes / Add a Sentiment
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Anniversary
Crafty Friends - Animals or Birds
My Time to Craft - No Design Papers
Cardz for Guys - Animal Antics

9 comments:

NanaConnie said...

I adore this image, Andrea! Such fantastic little otters. I'll definitely be getting this one and I'm so glad you entered it in our challenge at Crafty Critter Crazies!
NC

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I really love your image - off to take a look at your shop now
Jane

Gina said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute :D Thank you for sharing it with us at CWWC Challenge XXX

Lizzy Love said...

cute! Love your otters! Thank you so much for playing along with the Oddball Stamps "Best Friends" Challenge!

Sue - said...

Gorgeous card - your otters are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Andrea… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your Otta anniversary card is gorgeous and fits perfectly with our ‘Animals/Birds’ challenge theme… Loving the sentiment too.. hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Scrappin Sue said...

Gorgeous
Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting x

Scrappin Sue said...

Fantastic
Thanks for sharing at My Time To Craft x

Fikreta said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts !
Hope to see you again.

hugs , Fiki
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop